Traveling With Pets

Did you know, that depending on your destination, you may need to obtain a health certificate for your pet? Health certificates can only be issued by a USDA Accredited Veterinarian. International Health Certificates can be complicated and may take several months to obtain. If you plan on traveling with your pet, it is essential to prepare your documentation well in advance. Please complete the Pet Owner Worksheet before scheduling your visit.

A Health Certificate may be required for the following types of animals:

  • Dogs and cats
  • Aquatics
  • Livestock
  • Exotic Pets
  • Pet Birds
  • Wildlife
  • Equine

Please review our Things to Consider information sheet.

To learn more about traveling with a pet, interstate or internationally: